We empower the youth, adult and Seniors
- Character Builders
- Civil Rights, Racial Justice, and Anti-Discrimination Empowerment
- Economic Empowerment
- Health, Well-Being and Quality of Life for Immigrant youth and Professionals (
AFRICAN-CANADIAN EDUCATORS MAGAZINE)
- Black Cultural, Recreational and Social Activities and special Table Tennis program (Ontario Table Tennis Association (Youth-Seniors benefiting)
- High School Credit (Immigrant Students Achievement Program)
|Monday||Senior Sports/After School Program + Girls In IT||All Day/4 -7 PM|
After School Program + Girls In IT
Soccer (alternate Tuesdays)
|3:15 -7 PM||Mobile Center|
|Wednesday||After School Program + Arts/Craft + Girls In IT||4 -7 PM|
|Thursday|| After School Program &
Lunch time Media Literacy Workshops + Girls In IT
| 3:15-7 PM
|Firgove Public School|
|Friday||After School Program + Girls In IT||4-7 PM|
|Saturday||French Program + Girls In IT||10-12 am/pm||Mobile Center|
|Saturday|| Parents Speak: Parent Engagement in schools and success of the children.
Belka Sports: Seniors and Youth Programs
Police Youth Program_13 divisions
|10AM- 6PM||TDSB & TCDSB_ Schools|
Importance of after school programs
We thrive to reduce if not eliminate some of the following:
- More than 38% of nine to 13 year olds are left alone regularly while parents are at work (2–3 jobs for survival)
- New Trend: Our unsupervised grade 8 students are exposed to the risk of substance abuse twice as those who are under some form of the adult supervision.
- Juvenile crime has increase during school and holiday time in our community
Students will participate in our mobile After school help have access to one-on-one tutoring, and receive consistent guidance in homework assignments usually obtained by staff from teachers via Computer lab-On-Wheels (mobile education center).
On-line tutoring program started in 2007. Out students have been accessing our one-on-one tutoring, and receive consistent guidance in homework assignments usually obtained by staff from teaching staff via online.
Currently running free tutoring and homework club at Oakdale Community Center.
More than 80% of our students perform better in the school academically. The teachers and parents gave us feedback at the end of each semester.
Our Grade students won scholarship awards to Universities and other awards. Babajide was awarded the Academic Achievement Award at the Planet Africa Award night. One of the recipients of awards was Professor Wole Soyinka of Nigeria. This will be the second scholarship award of the year. He is in University year one. "Baba" is a recent graduate of Westview High school (Jane and Finch), a great soccer player.
2008: Kayode won the TD Canada award ($60,000) that will be used for his university academic program. Great work Kayode.
Education and Youth Programs(Homework Club)
Ensuring that all of our children are well educated and prepared for economic self-reliance in the high-tech century through college/university scholarships, Media literacy. We organize workshops on building the youth leadership skills as we know that they are leaders from today. Youth For Challenge team is responsible for all youth activities and workshops. Drug abuse education program is geared towards discouraging the youth from getting involved in the use of any substance.
Picture: Students working at our free tutoring and homework club
Belaks Sports, Arts, Media Literacy and more